Recipe of the Week: Strawberry Mojito Yogurt Pops
I mean really, who doesn't love mojitos? These Strawberry Mojito pops are packed with protein and flavored with REAL mint. These would be perfect for a backyard BBQ, they are sweet, creamy, tangy, and super refreshing! Check out the tips below for some get add-ins!
2 Oz Strawberry Tropics
2 oz Nonfat Yogurt Tropics
4 oz water (room temp)
10 Mint leaves (if these aren't available, try mint flavoring from your local grocery)
1 scoop of Pure Protein Vanilla
1. Rinse and dry fresh mint leaves then roughly chop them about 1/4 inch wide pieces.
2.Whisk together Pure Protein Vanilla and water until well combined and no longer clumpy.
3. Add in Nonfat Yogurt Tropics first, because it is thicker, then add in Strawberry Tropics.
4. Gently mix in chopped mint leaves into mixture.
5. Pour liquid into popsicle molds, place a few mint leaves at the top of the mold so they freeze on the bottom of the popsicle.
6. Let freeze for 6-8 hours.
7. To remove run molds under warm water until they are able to slide out easily.
- If using mint oil/flavoring only use 2-4 drops for the entire recipe! You can easily find mint extract in your grocery stores baking aisle!
-You could also chop up some fresh strawberries to add to the mix.
-Replace mint leaves at top of the mix with granola for a crunchy surprise at the end.
-Throw in some chia seeds when you mix together the liquids for some extra fiber and omega 3's!
Recipe of the Week: Mango Lemonade Protein Pops
Summer is right around the corner, schools almost out, and the outdoors is calling everyone's name! Have a little fun in the sun and fun in the kitchen making these yummy protein filled popsicles! The mango adds a little sweetness, the lemon adds a hint of tartness, and the vanilla protein brings it all together and makes it a tad creamy!
2 Oz Mango Tropics
2 oz Lemon Ice Tropics
4 oz water (room temp
1 scoop of Pure Protein Vanilla
1. Whisk together Pure Protein Vanilla and water until well combined and no longer clumpy. You can use a blender for this if you'd like.
2. Add in both tropics flavors, combine until smooth.
3. Pour into popsicle molds.
4. Let freeze for 6-8 hours.
5. To remove run molds under warm water until they are able to slide out easily.
If you want to ramp it up a little bit, you can add in these fun ingredients:
pure vanilla extract
fresh cut berries
April 18, 2016
Monday Motivation: Catching up with Personal Trainer James Wiltshire
This week we got a chance to catch up with awesome personal trainer James! He's really making an impact on the fitness and getting some great gains along the way as well! Today we chatted about how he got into fitness, his fave cheat meals, what kind of exercises he does and most importantly, what fuels his battle! Check out the interview below!
1. I've played sports from a young age and initially started training to get stronger for sport, after a few years of sports specific training I started looking for size and aesthetics and that's what I've focused on since.
2. I don't need any motivation to get in the gym now, I look forward to training all day and would lose my mind if I couldn't train. I think you need a vision of what you want to look like and once that's cemented in your brain seeing progress and getting closer to your goal will keep you coming back
3. I used to not look forward to training back and would always look forward to the pushing movements for chest/shoulders and my proportions showed this. Since prioritizing back I've learned to love pulling movements, my favorite has to be wide grip Lat pull downs as you can feel the contraction and the blood filling up the muscle.
4. I usually split my diet into 3 days, day 1 chicken, day 2 tuna and day 3 whatever I fancy lean beef/steak etc. The majority of my daily calories comes from these protein sources mixed with either sweet potato or basmati rice. I track my calories daily making sure I hit my requirements, I'm currently cutting on 2400 calories with 300g of protein a day, moderate carbs and low fat and I'm holding onto all the size I gained during my bulk. I always allow around 400 calories a day to eat whatever I want so that can be a little cinnamon bun, oak and raisin cookie or whatever treat I fancy. If I'm having a major cheat meal then dominoes and ben and Jerry's cookie dough is going down but there's not always space for that.
5. Your always going to go through highs and lows, if your stuck in a rut ask yourself exactly what you want, write it down make a plan to work towards it and don't look back. Good habits are formed just as easily as bad ones so get up, stay busy and don't linger around feeling sorry for yourself.
6. Creating a physique that I can look back on and be proud of and getting recognition for that. I don't care for competing or fitting into a certain set of requirements to look how I judge perceives as ideal, I know what I want to look like in my head and I'm going to stick at this over the next 5-10 years until I've created something I'm proud of...oh and a good pre workout, always need that caffeine fuel.
If you want to keep up with James follow him onInsta - https://www.instagram.com/wiltsh_pt/
or Fb - https://www.facebook.com/WiltshTV/
March 28, 2016
Monday Motivation: Ignas and Ugne, a fit couple on the
We love fit couples and Ignas and Ugne are the perfect match! Both of them have made some really inspirational strides one wanted to gain muscle the other wanted to lose baby weight. They both decided to lead a healthier life together! Read their stories below!
1. Ignas : My fitness journey began when i was around 16 years old as i was inspired by the strongest man in the world Zydrunas Savickas. Just wanted to get stronger, fitter, but never paid much attention to eating according to my goals untill about 3 years ago, and the results soon followed.
Ugne : My fitness journey began when i met Ignas, nearly 7 years ago. I have been strugling with my weight all my life. I tried diets, starving myself, magic pills, anything but working out. When i met Ignas he took me to his gym. I hated it at first and there were no results, because I wasn't eating right, but I didn't give up for some reason...it was a bumpy ride, untill 3 years ago when we both finally understood that eating right is very important if you want good results.
2. Ignas : Best motivation in my opinion is seeing the results after you put all the hard work in. Little things like doing a few reps more than the previous session, getting leaner or better in any way makes me push even harder. As for finding time it is pretty simple - if you want it as bad as you want to breathe - you will find time. Most importantly you have to love what you do. Preparing for my first show i was waking up every morning at 4am to do my 30min of fasted cardio. Then straight to work for 11 hour shift. Gym after work for 30min of weights and another 30min of cardio. 12 weeks every day. Wasn't easy but totally worth it in the end!
Ugne : Gym is my happy place, where I can forget everything and clear my mind. I fell in love with it after a while and now I can't imagine longer than two days without it. And doing what you love is everyones dream, right? If I'm feeling tired, emotional or sad, I know that a good workout will make everything look better. Also if my motivation is low a new outfit always helps, girls would understand me lol. At the moment I'm on Maternity leave so it's not that hard to find couple of hours for workout, especially when I have such a supportive husband. You just have to make a choise - gym or some show on TV?
3. Ugne: Balancing these two is hard, but it's possible. What works for me is planing. In the evening I make a plan in my head of what and when I'm going to do tomorrow and workout is one of those things that has to be done. Sometimes it's a quick workout at home while baby is napping or a walk outside with a stroller in a park. It's all about being creative and true to yourself - if you have time for TV, coffee, naps, internet but not workout - you don't want it bad enough.
4. Ignas : Snacks. Now that I am preparing for a show i don't really snack and have a strict diet to follow, but in the off-season it would be some fruit, or a rice cake with some peanut butter. As for meal prep i am trying to keep it as simple as i can to make the process easier on myself. Pretty much chicken breast, canned tuna, oats, rice and eggs is all i eat on a daily basis. When it comes to cheat meals there's no stopping me lol. I would normally go for McDonald's or some take away, and lot off it. I once completed a 32oz steak challenge in 15 minutes and topped that off with a desert challenge just moments after too :)
Ugne : I love snacking and I love sweet snacks. So that's why I started making healthy versions of some things I like - brownies, cookies, cheesecake, oat bars and so much more. My favorite cheat meal off all times would be Chinese sweet and sour chicken with rice, nachos and cheesecake. The list is endless really.
I can eat the same food everyday and I would not get bored of it. For years now my breakfast is oats and eggs, lunch chicken with rice, dinner chicken/turkey/tuna with salad and cottage cheese before bed. Simple and easy. Planing helps again. Once a week we do food shopping, then meal prep couple times a week and thats what keeps me on track. I fall off my track sometimes, more than I would like to, but I'm not giving up and not beating myself about it too much. It happens to everybody.
5. Ignas : we all face different problems at some point of our lives, some bigger than others, but one way or another we have to over come them. It is not going to get any easier if we just keep complaining and do nothing about it. Just remember - if there's a will, there's always a way :) never give up!
Ugne: We all start somewhere, so why not here and now? You don't have to change your life or yourself in one day. Make a plan. Try. Fail. Try again. And again. Most important thing is - never give up. And one day you going to look back and realise how far you have come, when all you thought you did was fail.
If you you want to find some great inspiration check out Ignas instagram at:
If you want some GREAT recipes and fitmom inspiration follower Ugne on Instagram at:
March 23, 2016
Mobile by May: The Power Blendz Smoothie Truck
We are so excited to start bringing our nutritious smoothies straight to the people! Our smoothie truck will be bringing your healthy snacks from college campuses, concerts, event athletic events.
What's even more awesome is that we won't just be offering smoothies we'll have some yummy snacks as well. Power Blendz is daily nutrition for active bodies and will be making leading a healthier active lifestyle easier.
If you'd like to recommend your event for us to bring the truck please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Stay tuned for more details and updates!
Monday Motivation: Keeping It Real With Kiya Renae!
We are so happy to share Kiya Renae's fitness journey with you guys! She truly is a multi talented woman that truly inspires and motivates us as well as so many others. Read her story below...
1. What started your fitness journey? Were you always into fitness and working out?
I started working out my last year of undergrad, but not with any real goals nor reasoning behind it. Yes, I think everyone assumes that when they hit the gym, they’ll automatically be healthier, but you eventually find out that’s not the case. My workout routine that I was doing at that time wasn’t working for me, I had actually gained weight over this period which really brought me down and I was ready to give up. After visiting a friend, we went to an event and I took a picture in this dress and HATED it. I knew that when I returned home, something had to change.
2. What motivates you in the gym, we know how hard it can be to get up and go to the gym sometimes?
As I stated previously, seeing myself in the dress triggered something; my only focus at the time was the physical aspect. However, after I made that change, I decided that I wasn’t going to stop until I was happy with my reflection in the mirror. With the consistency and self-motivation to change my physical appearance, I didn’t realize what it would do for me mentally. Being at the gym gives me balance, it provides me with a healthy stress reliever, it teaches me discipline. All in all, it has helped me to be a better, more grounded person mentally, physically, and spiritually; and that is what keeps me motivated to go to the gym every day. It’s more mental than physical. The physical is now an added bonus, plus I enjoy pushing myself and pushing my limits.
3. Do you have a favorite exercise or movement?
I don’t necessarily have a favorite movement; but unlike most, I enjoy doing legs and cardio. I’m always trying variations of squats, lunges, and mixing up my cardio.
4. Let's talk diet, what kind of food do you typically eat? Can you get down in the kitchen, what's your favorite food cheat meal?
I cook every day. The diet part wasn’t too hard for me because prior to starting this journey I didn’t eat red meat, pork, nor too much dairy nor sweets which are typically problem foods for most. It was about eating the foods that I do eat in moderation and making them work for me. Typically I eat fish/chicken/turkey products, asparagus/broccoli/peppers; it varies. My favorite cheat meal I’d have to say is Ruth Chris Spicy Lobster; OMG, that sauce is everything!
5. What do you want to tell people who may be at a low point in their life and need some inspiration?
Their human. You’re human. It’s something that I am learning every day. We all reach a low point, but it is up to you as the leader of your life to pick up the pieces and put them together again. It starts with you and only you can change your circumstance(s). #NeverGiveUp #BeBetterThanYouAre #SelfMotivation
For a limited time you can get 30% off Power Blendz products using her special discount code: KiyaRenae30 click HERE. Make sure to follow her Instagram @KiyaRenae for daily fitness inspiration!
March 3, 2016
The Quick Facts About Foam Rolling!
What The Heck Is A Foam Roller Anyway?
Foam rollers are exactly as they sound, rolls of foam. Their
uses are for more complicated but extremely easy to execute. The science behind
foam rollers isn’t all that complicated either, simply roll, good thing for you
is, we’re actually going to break down the benefits of foam rolling when
participating in any level of activity.
First lets get down to the nitty gritty, foam rollers assist
in myofascial release. This is a fancy
term for the layer that covers your muscles known as fascia. Fascia is the
connective tissue that surrounds every muscle in your body. Myofascial release
was originally performed by therapists using their hands in a firm gliding
motion over one’s muscles getting deep down into the tissue. This method
creates mobility between your muscle fibers and nerves.
When there is a lack of mobility the fascial fibers
essentially become connected to your muscles and nerves, this often time causes
you pain and stiffness. Foam rollers allow you to release these fibers on your
own without having to see a therapist as long as you doing it correctly. This
pain and stiffness is even more apparent after an injury has healed. When you
injure yourself new tissue is laid down but the scar tissue inhibits normal
function. Foam rolling on a continuous basis will help keep your tissue
Foam rolling and doing myofascial release is typically NOT
pain free and can cause some immediate discomfort but long term will help ease
aches and pain after training (running, lifting, biking, etc.). You can head to your local athletics store or even T.J. Maxx to get the foam roller of your choosing!
February 16, 2016
Motivation Monday with Dawn Kohler of Dawn Kohler Fitness!
This Monday we
chatted with Dawn Kohler, from Cincinnati, OH. She has such an inspiring story
that we wanted to share with everyone! We love all the fitspo she's putting out
and still making time to be a single mom! Let's find out What Fuels Her Battle
1. What started your fitness journey?
Well, It started by
wanting something to do. I moved from my friends and family and was out in the
middle of no were. I saw fitness models that inspired me and told myself I
wanted to be healthy. I started off at 98 lbs.; my boyfriend at the time would
use a wooden pole and push against it while I would bench press. I wanted to be
healthier. I was only eating once a day and wanted to get healthier for my kids
2. Where you always into fitness and working out?
I had never even thought about it. I have always been stick
skinny. It made me upset getting made fun of in school because I was so tiny. I
would always hear "oh you are Anorexic, go eat a cheese burger, or ew I
can see your ribs". The list goes on and on.
3. What motivates you in the gym, we know
how hard it can be to get up and go to the gym sometimes.
I love seeing my body
change. I get down sometimes because I feel like it isn’t changing so I go back
through my old photos. When people tell you to take progress pics, DO IT!!
There is no bigger motivator than that. I look at fitness videos as well.
How do you find the time? Its all about making the time for yourself and
choosing to do this for you. Not anyone else just for you. Start out slow. Most
people thing you should just jump into these 5 days a week and you get tired
and run down by doing that. Every change you do with your body should be a
process not just something you change over night or it will be so hard on you
that you will get tired of it quick.
4. How do you balance your fitness
regiment with being a mother?
This kind of goes back to the previous question. I do have two
kids, a 4 year old and a 9 year old so time is very important to me. I make the
time because it is that important to me. I cannot be the best for my kids if I
do not treat myself like the best. I know that me taking care of me, is also
taking care of them. I recently just joined the YMCA because I was feeling
guilty about time away from my kids and it is so hard trying to find a balance
with all I’m trying to do as a single mom. The YMCA is amazing! I get to work
out while they are having a blast being independent while i take care of myself
and then after we go swimming together so we can have our time away from the
house, away from social media and emails that we tend to get stuck on. It is
all about balance and doing the things that truly make you happy.
5. Let's talk diet; what is your favorite
snack? How do you get down in the kitchen, what's your favorite food
Graham crackers and fat free whip cream with sprinkles you can
make ice cream bars with them. I try to cook my meals every three days so i am
not as stressed out to make meals for the whole week. My favorite cheat meal of
course is Pizza!!!
6. What do you want to tell people who
may be at a low point in their life and need some inspiration?
Never give up and cut yourself some slack. This is all a learning
process and it takes time.
I couldn't tell you how many times I have wanted to just quit. At
that point that is where Ill take a week off and just relax. I will take time
to go back and remind myself on why i started this life changing experience in
the first place. By the time the week is over with I am itching to get back
into the gym again! I am now at 119 lbs and I haven't felt this strong
physically and it feels amazing. This process has made me even stronger
mentally as well. I am not here to tell you this is easy. Especially in
the beginning, but it is worth it! Just believe in yourself and set small goals
and reward yourself after you meet them. You are worth it!
You can Dawn on her fitness journey on Facebook: Facebook.com/fitness.model.DawnKohlerFebruary 8, 2016
Or you can follower her on Instagram at: @Dawn_Kohler_Fitness
Motivation Monday: Catching up with Sam Jordan from @SamJordanFitness!
This week we sat down with Sam and chatted about What Fuels His Battle! Sam is a fitness pro hailing from North Carolina and just so happens to love Power Blendz. We like to think it's what fuels his daily nutrition! Read his inspiring and motivational story below!
What motivates you in the gym, we know how hard it can be to get up and go to the gym sometimes?
Question 1: What motivates me in the gym would have to be my family. My mom and dad are a huge inspiration to me and they show their support in anything that I do. I try to focus on the bigger things in life and not stress about the negative things so that would be another reason why I enjoy going to the gym, to take my mind off the negative and turn it into positive.
Do you have a favorite exercise or movement?
Question 2: My favorite exercise would have to be back squats. I love doing squats because the feeling of putting plate after plate after plate and grinding out the heavy sets makes me feel accomplished and strong. My strength is one thing I admire in my training. I can be the smallest guy in the world but as long as I can hold on to my strength nothing can hold me back.
Let's talk diet, what kind of food do you typically eat? What's your favorite food cheat meal?
Question 3: What I typically eat on a daily basis are egg whites, whole eggs, oatmeal, 1 banana, strawberries, blueberries and a fiber bar for breakfast. I would have this meal every breakfast with a shake or smoothie. If I don't have this meal I would go to waffle house and grab me not one but two Texas toast sandwiches with three scrambled eggs. For lunch I would have white or brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole eggs, chicken or beef all mixed together. For dinner I typically have what I had for lunch but more calories such as more eggs, more rice, beef and grilled chicken with 2 or 3 scoops of whey isolate protein.
My favorite cheat meal would be a tie between Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and meat lovers pizza from any pizza place.
What do you want to tell people who may be at a low point in their life and need some inspiration?
Question 4: What I would tell others who need inspiration is that no matter what you do in life you need to stay committed and make consistent in anything that you do. Don't be afraid to make a sacrifice for the things you want. Nothing good comes easy and nothing will fall in your lap unless you put in the effort to stay committed to that. Hard work always gets rewarded!
Lastly, what fuels your battle?
Question 5: What fuels my battle is the will to win! The struggle to overcome success and the pain and soreness that fuels my energy to go back to the gym the next day and be better than I was the day before. The goal is to be better than you were the day before and then you will have the mindset to overcome anything as long as you have that struggling urge to get to the top and become successful.
"My name is Sam Jordan and this is my fitness fuel... the will to overcome any battle..any test...anything!"Ambassador Program
If you'd like to follow Sam's journey please follow him on Instagram: @SamJordanFitness or on Facebook: Facebook.com/SamJordan
February 5, 2016
January 15, 2015
Green Smoothie Bowl
1 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
1 Scoop Power Blendz Organic Greens Powder
1 Cup Spinach
2 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut
1/4 Cup Kiwi
1/4 Cup Banana
Blend yogurt ingredients until smooth. Top with fresh chopped fruit. Enjoy!
December 17, 2015
Peppermint Pump Smoothie
1.5 oz. Tropics Ice Cream
2 oz. Tropics Nonfat Yogurt
2 oz. Water
1 oz. Simply Zero Vanilla
1 Scoop Power Shake Vanilla Powder
2 Peppermint Candies
Garnish it with a candy cane (optional)
2 oz. Tropics Ice Cream
2 oz. Tropics Nonfat Yogurt
3 oz. Water
1 oz. Simply Zero Chocolate, Vanilla, or Orange
1.5 Scoops Power Shake Vanilla Powder
3 Peppermint Candies
Garnish it with a candy cane (optional)November 12, 2014
Get Your Daily Greens
Below is a recipe card for making a Power Greens smoothie. Finally, you can make any Power Blendz smoothie a vegetable smoothie with an Organic Blend that is loaded with macronutrients.
October 9, 2014
New & Improved Line of Additives Has Arrived
We are thrilled to announce that our New Line of Additives is finally here. We can't wait to share our new products with you, as we know you'll recognize the benefits immediately.
- Easier for your customers to understand and choose
- Easier for you to stock and prep
Check out the full line of new additives HERE!
As we transition to the new additive line, we are offering many of the products you currently use at significant discounts through the remainder of the year, or while supplies last.
September 30, 2014
COMING SOON! New & Improved Line of Additives
Get ready for an all new line of improved additives from the Smoothie Experts! We have now made it better and easier to get the additives you want in your smoothie.
- Fat Burner contains Stimulant Free and All Natural Pyruvate and Chromium Picolinate to convert carbs into energy and stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Energizer is a Natural Caffeine Blend with Green Coffee Bean plus Taurine that provides a serious kick of energy to help you get through your day.
- Strength contains Essential Amino Acids and 100% Pure Creatine to improve your performance, endurance, and muscle recovery.
- Fiber Fuel contains 5.5 grams of Soluble Fiber with All Natural Flax to help promote digestive health and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- Organic Greens is a powerful combination of macronutrients for your health and wellness that is loaded with organic broccoli, kale, parsley, cabbage, alfalfa, wheat grass, oat grass, and barley grass.
August 26, 2014
Power Blendz Unveils New Logo
Our business has evolved over the last 10 years and we have refreshed our logo to reflect who we are today and to symbolize our dynamic future.
This wasn’t a decision we made lightly. We are proud of our rich history, which is why our new logo retains core elements, including the red Power Blendz swirl. We are also sticking with our company tag line, The Fitness Fuel
, which identifies the core value of our business.
In the upcoming months we will be incorporating the new logo into our website and marketing materials. We are aware that changing a logo is a process that can involve many steps and take some time, so we will finalize it gradually.
If you would like to use the new Power Blendz logo in any of your materials please contact our marketing department to get high resolution images of the new artwork.
Here's to the new logo!
August 19, 2014
More Good News About Simply Zero!
Sharp looking Simply Zero Marketing Menus are now available for your juice or smoothie bar.
If you would like to download the Simply Zero printer file or order a high resolution printed version for your business, please contact us today!
August 7, 2014Simply Zero is now available in Chocolate, Orange, and Strawberry!
The response to Vanilla was incredible and it took only a couple weeks for us to go through our first run. Don't worry, we are well stocked! The hard work we put into developing our new line of sugar free smoothie syrups has paid off, and we can't wait for you to try these 3 new flavors.
July 11, 2014
Simply Zero Vanilla Hits It Out of the Park
The initial response to our newest product, Simply Zero Vanilla, has been tremendous. Countless hours of research and testing have gone into Simply Zero, and we know you're going to love it!
Our sugar free smoothie builder tastes unbelievable and will improve the flavor and texture of any current recipe that calls for sugar free syrup. In the upcoming weeks, Power Blendz will begin to replace our current line of sugar free syrup products with Simply Zero. Chocolate, Orange, and Strawberry will make their debut in the next few weeks. Make any smoothie 'Simply Zero' - The Perfect Sugar Free Smoothie Builder.
Simply Zero can be used in place of Tropics fruit in any of the Power Blendz goal specific smoothies, giving your customers a sugar free or low sugar option. Follow the recipes below to achieve a great tasting smoothie with a creamy texture.
16 ounce Simply Zero Smoothie Recipe
2 ounces Simply Zero
3 ounces water
1 scoop Pure Protein, Power Shake, or Muscle Builder
Add 16 ounce cup of ice
*Ice consistency varies and may require less ice
Blend, serve, enjoy!
24 ounce Simply Zero Smoothie Recipe
3 ounces Simply Zero
4 ounces water
1.5 scoops Pure Protein, Power Shake, or Muscle Builder
Add 24 ounce cup of ice
*Ice consistency varies and may require less ice
Blend, serve, enjoy!
Look for your Full Recipe Card in the case pack of your Simply Zero order!